1 reply to this topic

#1 Mark Smith

Mark Smith
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Other

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:35 AM

Okay, sort of a quick follow up to my last post. So I.m going to be recording sound into my computer at 24bits 48khz. I am also going to be shooting R16mm film at 24fps. I.m going to then telecine the footage to 29.97 and will need to slow down the audio accordingly...my question is this - I have been told a long way to do this - changing the sampling rate to 48.048 but then fooling Final Cut Pro [by changing the file header information] to thinking it is a standard 48khz file...thus stretching the audio out by the 1% [i think that number is correct???] slowdown I will need. But this is very laborious to do for EACH audio file/channel. I.m wondering if just opening the sound in Final Cut Pro and applying a 1% slowdown to the audio file will do the same thing. I.ve heard conflicting answers and so wanted to take it the pros. Thanks so much,

Mark.

#2 Bernhard Zitz

Bernhard Zitz
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Other
  • Z├╝rich, Switzerland

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:05 PM

Okay, sort of a quick follow up to my last post. So I.m going to be recording sound into my computer at 24bits 48khz. I am also going to be shooting R16mm film at 24fps. I.m going to then telecine the footage to 29.97 and will need to slow down the audio accordingly...my question is this - I have been told a long way to do this - changing the sampling rate to 48.048 but then fooling Final Cut Pro [by changing the file header information] to thinking it is a standard 48khz file...thus stretching the audio out by the 1% [i think that number is correct???] slowdown I will need. But this is very laborious to do for EACH audio file/channel. I.m wondering if just opening the sound in Final Cut Pro and applying a 1% slowdown to the audio file will do the same thing. I.ve heard conflicting answers and so wanted to take it the pros. Thanks so much,

Mark.

It's 0.1%, 0.03 out of 30 is 0.1%, look page 123 of the Cinema Tools User Manual, it's a usefull manual that explains loads of other stuff too...

Bernhard

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Technodolly

CineTape