#1 Jimmmm

Jimmmm

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:32 AM

Shooting in Short Film/Music Video in the UK

Need a stock to cover all shooting Day Outdoors in City (Daylight), and inside a Leisure centre in Changing Rooms (Artificial light), and By the Pool (Mixed Light) all will be shot with essentially available light only

We need a single overall stock Super 16 to cover all these conditions was thinking about the Fuji/Kodak 400/500 Stocks but i'm worried image quality (Grain) although i'm not adverse to it, but this has sent me leaning towards a 200/250 stock.

Please people shower me with your wisdom i need it

#2 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:15 AM

Shooting in Short Film/Music Video in the UK

Need a stock to cover all shooting Day Outdoors in City (Daylight), and inside a Leisure centre in Changing Rooms (Artificial light), and By the Pool (Mixed Light) all will be shot with essentially available light only

We need a single overall stock Super 16 to cover all these conditions was thinking about the Fuji/Kodak 400/500 Stocks but i'm worried image quality (Grain) although i'm not adverse to it, but this has sent me leaning towards a 200/250 stock.

Please people shower me with your wisdom i need it

I think the new KODAK VISION2 HD Color Scan Film 7299 would be well suited if you are looking for a single film with the latitude to handle the wide variety of conditions you are likely to encounter:

http://www.kodak.com...1.4.4.4.6&lc=en

If you have the light, a bit of overexposure will reduce the graininess, but you have the extra speed when you need it. Check with your UK sales and engineering representative to determine if your telecine facility has the KODAK VISION2 HD Digital Processor required to make optimal use of the film.

Likewise, a film like KODAK VISION2 500T Color Negative Film 7218 will work well, but it would be best to filter for non-tungsten sources. Again, a bit of overexposure will reduce graininess when you have the light:

http://www.kodak.com....4.4.4.16&lc=en

A 200/250 speed film may not be sufficient for lower light levels that you may find poolside or in the changing rooms.

Why are you limited to only using one film type?

CineLab

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

Visual Products

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Opal

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets