#1 Craig Buzz

Craig Buzz

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:38 PM

just wondering what software someone would reccomend for color correction.system is windows and editing with adobe premiere...very familiar with apps like photoshop,i am more of a still photographer than cinema but learning.thanks

#2 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11936 posts
  • Other

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:07 AM

Hi,

Photoshop can do more than any "real" colour corrector, and the interface is quite different to the way the commercial devices work. Premiere has the three-way colour corrector which is more or less a direct emulation of the first stage of a commercial device.

What're you trying to achieve?

Phil

#3 Matt Irwin

Matt Irwin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:07 PM

I've been using a program called Color Finesse with Final Cut Pro. It also plugs into Premiere, After Effects, and some other programs. Works on Windows as well, and it's pretty affordable.
It's got a lot more tools than the "stock" color correctors that come with NLE's like Premiere and Final Cut and has some very nice scopes and preview tools in it's own interface, and my favorite feature: the ability to import curves from Photoshop. The secondary tools aren't bad either.

#4 Elhanan Matos

Elhanan Matos
  • Sustaining Members
  • 432 posts
  • Digital Image Technician
  • Santa Monica, CA

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:30 PM

See if you can get a hold of a demo of Discreet Combustion 4.

#5 Craig Buzz

Craig Buzz

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:09 AM

I've been using a program called Color Finesse with Final Cut Pro. It also plugs into Premiere, After Effects, and some other programs. Works on Windows as well, and it's pretty affordable.
It's got a lot more tools than the "stock" color correctors that come with NLE's like Premiere and Final Cut and has some very nice scopes and preview tools in it's own interface, and my favorite feature: the ability to import curves from Photoshop. The secondary tools aren't bad either.

that actually sounds great,importing curves from photoshop,as ive said ive been a still photographer for years and i only really use premiere because im so familiar with photoshop so that sounds perfect i will check it out,thank you

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Tai Audio