Photo

Premiere Pro 2 export interlacing problems...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew Campbell

Matthew Campbell

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:17 AM

Hi,

I have Premiere Pro, and I imported my 24P footage into PPro 2. The import settings are set to 24P.
Sadly, whenever I export this as .mov or .wmv files there are interlacing issues like the below:

Posted Image

Now I thought that because I was doing it in 24P there should be very little interlacing showing up, but this is basically non-stop. What is going wrong? The source video looks perfect in the monitor and when played straight back. How can I fix this?

I'm just curious what you guys shooting 24P do to get your .mov and .wmv exported without any issues like I'm having. The source footage is perfect.

Here's my settings for my latest Quicktime attempt. Notice the perfect video on the left.
Posted Image

So Adobe Media Encoder, only MPEG 2 exporting works without interlacing issues. I can also export it as Windows DV AVI perfectly, but those files sizes are huge. What is going wrong? This was all shot in 24P and my timeline is set to 29.97 FPS.

#2 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11939 posts
  • Other

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:47 AM

Hi,

First off, this isn't really a postproduction forum - it's more about camerawork, and you're likely to get better answers elsewhere (or if you'd put your post where it should be here, in the postproduction thread.)

That said, I don't really have enough information to answer the question - which mode did you shoot it in, what output are you aiming for? I notice that under "Export Video" a 30fps progressive rate is noted, which may be something to look at. Also for some reason you have 29.97fps drop-frame timecode on the timeline.

Phil

#3 Preston Herrick

Preston Herrick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Producer
  • Washington

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:20 PM

Agreed. This will require numerous questions and answers. I have an idea or two as to what might be going on. However, I suggest you visit the Premiere forum at DVXuser.com

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Willys Widgets

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

The Slider

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC