agcowie

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Director
  • Edinburgh

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:26 AM

sorry for some reason nothing was posted and twice as well but here is my problem

this is the scene

EXT. PARK - DAY
Ellie rummages through her bag as she strolls effortlessly through the park with Bob. A busker sits on a small stone bridge, performing to the river flowing beneath him. She smiles, dropping her change into his guitar case. He raises the tempo slightly in gratitude. Their smiles connect. Ellie turns seeing Bob is standing on the path having not followed her. Ellie frowns.

BOB
I?ll meet you round the corner.

My problem is there is 4-5 camera angles for this scene and the busker is in shot 3 or 4 times if not all. As he is singing i need to now how i could do this the best way so when i go in to edit the song is in sync with the film any suggestions?

thanks Cowie

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19759 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:15 PM

Well, normally if you have to shoot multiple angles of someone singing, you do it to playback -- you pre-record the singing and have the player match himself to the playback on each take. If you don't want to hear the playback because you've got to record the other person's dialogue, then use an earpiece to playback the music for the singer. You'd have a timecode slate flash the time code of the song being played back at the head of the shot.

Otherwise, you run multiple cameras on live singing and then find ways of framing out any synced singing for other angles.

Or you just hope that after you get a master shot of him singing, you can fudge the sync in his closer shots to that master audio in editing and/or cut into the closer sound.

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC