Julianthebruce

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Other
  • North Vancouver B.C.

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:29 PM

When viewing the HVX200 at a hands on at Lauren Laphams in Vancouver, I was told the cam had a new/different on board computer. I gathered that changes to the (flash memory?) could be made while the camera was connected to a computer through USB. At the risk of sounding totally ignorent and going off topic, i did not ask the panasonic rep much more about the new computer system. But I got the impresion that upgrades to the cameras (OS ?) could be made by just downloading a patch supplied by a authorized panasonic internet site. If this is true / or part of this is true, please let me know. and if it is true, that would lead me to belive that a software upgrade could solve the "mirroring the LCD, without physically flipping the screen" problem; rather than waiting for a HVX200a.

#2 Matt Irwin

Matt Irwin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:43 PM

As I understand it, the camera's SD card slot (not the P2 slot) can be used to update the camera's firmware, in addition to the scene file functions. So yes, in theory, the camera could be "patched" with a function to flip the LCD image IF it's just a software fix. If the monitor itself has to be changed then, well, no dice. Whether or not Panasonic would authorize such an upgrade is really the question. They would probably stand to make more profit by holding such an upgrade until the release of an "200a" model.

One upgrade I would like to see is framelines for 1.85 and 2.35. They already have 4:3 markers for protecting in 16:9, so why did they stop there?

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

CineLab

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery

Glidecam