George Lekovic
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:40 AM

Hi everybody,

I am researching to see if I could use my Hasselblad lenses on my 35 and 16 PL mounts - if such adaptor exists. If this turns out to be possible I wonder what woudl the results turn out to be like.

First of all: is this even a theoretical possibility. Second: Would the lens have enough resolving power to accomodate 16 or 35.

If anybody has already tried this, or knows where to get the adaptor, please share.

Thanks,

#2 Dan Goulder

Dan Goulder
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:18 AM

There is a Hasselblad-to-Arri standard adaptor. You would need to stack a second adaptor in order to put this lens into a PL mount. I don't know what the results would be, in terms of altering or limiting focal length and T-stops, but would like to know if anyone has ever tried stacking two adaptors with these or any other type lenses, and what their results were.

#3 Leo Anthony Vale

Leo Anthony Vale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh PA

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:49 PM

There is a Hasselblad-to-Arri standard adaptor. You would need to stack a second adaptor in order to put this lens into a PL mount. I don't know what the results would be, in terms of altering or limiting focal length and T-stops, but would like to know if anyone has ever tried stacking two adaptors with these or any other type lenses, and what their results were.

---These are mechanical adaptors, there are no optical elements as in a teleextender.
The flange depth for a hasselblad is greater than that for a BNC. David Watkin used to use Hassleblad lenses on a BNCR mt. 35BL.

I believe optex had a hasselblad to PL adaptor.

If the mechanical tolerances are off in each adaptor, stacking them could increase the error if they off in the same direction, or cancel if off in opposite directions.

---LV

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

CineLab

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

The Slider

Technodolly