#1 IvanKane

IvanKane
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Other

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:49 PM

Hi guys
I have never done any tests before on a 16mm camera and I was wondering if there are any standard procedure when it comes to testing the camera?
It's a 16mm Eclair NPR. Another thing. I've checked the manual on how to adjust the shutter angle and I don't get it. How do I adjust it and how do I know if it's 180 or not?.
There is one more thing. My motor is an AC one. Is there a way to get a DC adapter and use a battery or do I need to simply buy a new motor if I want to shoot EXT ?.
Sorry, I just have so many questions. I'm a Film Student at the London Film School and the teachers there are not much help to be honest. I've been there for one year now and I've gotten most of my questions answered on sites like this one. How ironic:)
Since I all ready have so many questions I might as well shoot one more.
I just bought an Canon FD adaptor and a Canon FD 50mm lens. I spoke to this guy the other day and he told me that using SLR 35mm lenses on 16mm cameras actually doubles in a sense that it's actually like using a standard 100mm instead of it being 50mm. Is that true?
Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.
Cheers!

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:20 PM

My motor is an AC one. Is there a way to get a DC adapter and use a battery or do I need to simply buy a new motor
Cheers!

IN the last coupple of years some of the auto parts places have been selling ac Inverters that run off a 12 Volt battery. Only catch I can see is they may not be right on 60Hz and so the soound speed may be off if th ecamera motor depends on the line freqency to run true.

YMMV

#3 Brian Rose

Brian Rose
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Student
  • Kansas City area

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:27 PM

As a fellow student, and a fellow owner of an Eclair NPR, congrats! I hope you enjoy your camera as much as I have! In regards to your question about the adjustable shutter, here is a link to a page that has the NPR manual, in .pdf. It should answer all your questions!

http://members.aol.com/npr16mm/

Best,
Brian Rose

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

The Slider

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc