Kodak Super 16 info...and some more help for the 1st time low budget...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rodblackhurst

rodblackhurst
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:12 PM

Hey, my name is Rod Blackhurst. I'm gearing up to shoot a short in San Francisco/Santa Cruz this summer; a picture that will be my first venture into Super 16mm. Luckily I've found some great crew to work with, people who've worked with the medium before so I'm going to rely a lot on my DP and other people who will all double up (Jib Operator will also AD type of thing).

My basic question is how I might seek out a contact at Kodak who is interested in helping out this "first-time" production. I have a short that did well at some festivals and is for sale (you can check it out at the IMDB or at my website www.transistorproductions.com) which was a straight 16mm adventure. I also have some other projects (mostly DVX100 and SDX900) on the website. I'm running on a small budget, but am planning on paying my key crew what I can. Therefore I'm looking for a way to convince someone of the integrity of my project for some discounted film. Tails anyone?

Secondly, then comes the actual camera. Will most likely be heading up from LA to San Fran for the shooting so would anyone recommend a place in LA that I could talk to about the same type of situation?

Finally...thanks for helping little old me out.

Cheers,

Rod

#2 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:28 PM

My basic question is how I might seek out a contact at Kodak who is interested in helping out this "first-time" production...I'm running on a small budget, but am planning on paying my key crew what I can. Therefore I'm looking for a way to convince someone of the integrity of my project for some discounted film. Cheers,

Rod

As always, cinematographers should get to know their Kodak sales/technical representative, who will work with you to explore what discounts are available, as well as answering any technical questions you have:

http://www.kodak.com...d=0.1.4.5&lc=en

http://www.kodak.com.....equestid=8510

For Northern California, I suggest that you contact Kathy Mazza in Kodak's Hollywood office, who will let you know who in her group would best represent your interests:

kathryn.mazza@kodak.com

Telephone: 323 468-1515

#3 rodblackhurst

rodblackhurst
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:53 PM

John - thanks for the information. I had been looking at the information on the Kodak site for a little while and it seemed daunting but thanks for reaffirming that that is indeed the correct approach.

Rochester, NY....close to home, went to school at Colgate, friend Denver Miller (Cinematographer) lives in Rochester.

Cheers!

Rod Blackhurst

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks