#1 jeffrey lehmann

jeffrey lehmann

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Producer

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:19 AM

Beware of Erik Hjermstad and his company Del Mar Underwater Housings. He sometimes makes underwater housings out of his garage in Southern California. He has lived in the area for a while, and I have talked to him a number of times. A friend told me he started making underwater housings, and he suggested I throw some business Erik's way. We paid him for an underwater housing in August that he was supposed to deliver in the first week in October, but he never has. He does not return phone calls or anything else, and we are about to start legal proceedings against him. I talked to this friend that recommended him last week, and he said that he is having similar money problems with Erik. Since I saw him listed on this site, I thought it important to warn all of you.

#2 Richard Boddington

Richard Boddington
  • Sustaining Members
  • 5482 posts
  • Director

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:15 PM

Just be careful about bad mouthing a particular individual in a public forum. Especially in a way that could cost the person revenue. Comments of this nature could lead to a lawsuit against you.

The problem is that this Erik Hjermstad hasn't been convicted of a crime in a court of law has he? So there's no judgement against him. He's innocent until proven guilty. Even the news media has to follow that rule with the worst criminals until their trials are over.

You need to be careful when it comes to naming names in these industry forums in a way that could be seen as slander. For instance in the USA under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act it is illegal to publish a debt. So you're border line with your post here, as you say you have paid him some money and he has not delivered a product.

I'm not saying Erik will even see your post and take legal action, but as a rule be careful.

I could post on here the names of half a dozen less than honest people I've dealt with in this business.

My suggestion would be to make your post more generic, and then ask people to PM you for more info if they want to do business with Erik.

R,

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Opal

CineLab

Visual Products

Technodolly

Rig Wheels Passport

FJS International, LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam