• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Masuda

Kevin Masuda
  • Sustaining Members
  • 209 posts
  • Director

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:56 AM

I got the instructions on how to remove the baffle plate in order to remove the loop formers. What I'm having trouble with is loosening the setscrews that hold the main drive sprocket. I loosened the one on the left side but I can't seem to find the second set screw. Does anyone have a detailed diagram of the baffle plate or the main driving sprocket? Any insight would be helpful.

Kev

#2 Joe Gioielli

Joe Gioielli
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Other

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:14 PM

I got the instructions on how to remove the baffle plate in order to remove the loop formers. What I'm having trouble with is loosening the setscrews that hold the main drive sprocket. I loosened the one on the left side but I can't seem to find the second set screw. Does anyone have a detailed diagram of the baffle plate or the main driving sprocket? Any insight would be helpful.

Kev

Dear Kev:

Sorry, gotta ask. Are you removing the loop formers because they were giving you trouble, or because someone suggest that you ought to do it? If you are having problems, fine. But if the camera works fine, put everything back together and enjoy the camera. For some reason a lot of folks think that a K3 has to be ripped apart before it will work. Mine is out of the box and works fine.

If you have to remove the formers, consider sending it to Reel Trading. Yes, they are expensive. But think of it this way, if you damage the camera you get stuck. If they damage the camera, they will take care of it.

Or you can ignore all this and google the topic. There are several sites that list how to do the mod.

Joe

#3 Luke Prendergast

Luke Prendergast
  • Sustaining Members
  • 491 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Victoria Australia

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:20 PM

Push the run button and slowly rotate the wind handle. The screws need to be a fair way out to release the sprocket.

#4 Robert Glenn

Robert Glenn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Other

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:49 PM

Push the run button and slowly rotate the wind handle. The screws need to be a fair way out to release the sprocket.

yep what he said.. and you might want to mark on the sprocket top in between the 2 screws so that you can tighten it back in the same spot since there's a notch on the shaft

Edited by RobertNC, 23 March 2006 - 04:51 PM.

#5 Kevin Masuda

Kevin Masuda
  • Sustaining Members
  • 209 posts
  • Director

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:21 AM

Thanks guys for the help. I got the loop formers out and everything is running smoothly.

Kev

FJS International, LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

Willys Widgets