6 replies to this topic

#1 Michael LaVoie

Michael LaVoie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:30 PM

I saw a film out transfer of some HVX200 footage transferred to 35mmFuji print stock today at Postworks in NYC. It was way better than any DV footage I've seen transferred. Postworks has some upcoming seminars on transferring HVX200 footage. Contact em for more details. The future looks promising for this camera.

#2 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:27 AM

I saw a film out transfer of some HVX200 footage transferred to 35mmFuji print stock today at Postworks in NYC. It was way better than any DV footage I've seen transferred. Postworks has some upcoming seminars on transferring HVX200 footage. Contact em for more details. The future looks promising for this camera.

That would make sense since the camera has much higher resolution than any DV camera. Just curious what the film out cost at Postworks?

#3 Michael LaVoie

Michael LaVoie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:28 PM

It wasn't the resolution as much as the overall image lacking any motion artifacting and other "video" glitches. It was actually cleaner than most S16. If nobody told me, I'd assume it was 35mm. And this is with the stock lens. I have a shoot coming up with the HVX and a PS adaptor and we'll be doing a transfer. When the final results are in at the end of April, I'll post a report on it. For prices, I'd contact Postworks directly.

#4 rook

rook

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Director

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:33 AM

It wasn't the resolution as much as the overall image lacking any motion artifacting and other "video" glitches. It was actually cleaner than most S16. If nobody told me, I'd assume it was 35mm. And this is with the stock lens. I have a shoot coming up with the HVX and a PS adaptor and we'll be doing a transfer. When the final results are in at the end of April, I'll post a report on it. For prices, I'd contact Postworks directly.

I would love to see some adpter footage blown up - even to 16.

If we can get a great image (on a transfer from HD with an adapter), then the playing field just got a little more level.

Please post what lenses you use.

THX

-rook

#5 solshinefilms

solshinefilms
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:16 PM

Hi
What was the format used in shooting?
What does Postworks recommend?
1080 24p? 30p?

720 24p?
720 24pn?

#6 Jamie Metzger

Jamie Metzger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • San Francisco

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:40 PM

The HVX doesn't shoot DV, as in MiniDV format. It's on the P2 cards, and you can shoot 1080i uncompressed video off that. I assume that looks real nice going straight to a firestar harddrive.

#7 Josh Bass

Josh Bass
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Other

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:59 PM

It actually does shoot DV. It's the only thing you can use the tape transport for.

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

CineTape

CineLab

Tai Audio