7 replies to this topic

#1 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:50 PM

Does anyone know of a link to a good, engineering level drawing of the BNCR mount system? I've got about half of a Cinema Products BNCR hardfront for my Arri 2 and need to know what's missing.

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:38 PM

Does anyone know of a link to a good, engineering level drawing of the BNCR mount system? I've got about half of a Cinema Products BNCR hardfront for my Arri 2 and need to know what's missing.

Hi,

Its fairly simple to see what is missing, have you got a photo? It's a bit like PL just bigger

Stephen

#3 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:46 PM

Hi,

Its fairly simple to see what is missing, have you got a photo? It's a bit like PL just bigger

Stephen

Thank you for the reply. I've attached the pictures that were on eBay - the BNC to ARRI two pieces may, or may not, be part of the hardfront. The larger piece with the ears will fit in the front of the hardfront, and the smaller collet outer diameter is an exact fit in the hardfront from the back side. This may or may not be accidental, it's unknown whether all these pieces actually went together originally. The larger piece with the flanges will actually pop into one of the the turret ports on my Arri 2A/C (it's a 2A with 2C innards).

Hardfront_1.jpg BNC_to_ARRI_3.jpg BNC_to_ARRI_2.jpg BNC_to_ARRI_1.jpg

#4 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:45 AM

Thank you for the reply. I've attached the pictures that were on eBay - the BNC to ARRI two pieces may, or may not, be part of the hardfront. The larger piece with the ears will fit in the front of the hardfront, and the smaller collet outer diameter is an exact fit in the hardfront from the back side. This may or may not be accidental, it's unknown whether all these pieces actually went together originally. The larger piece with the flanges will actually pop into one of the the turret ports on my Arri 2A/C (it's a 2A with 2C innards).

Hardfront_1.jpg BNC_to_ARRI_3.jpg BNC_to_ARRI_2.jpg BNC_to_ARRI_1.jpg

Hi,

The 3 Adapters are to fit Arri Std/Bayo mounted to BNCR.

The hard front is missing a Pin and the locking mechanism, the locking mechanism just rotated about 90 degrees like a PL. Not that difficult to fabricate if you have access to a workshop.

Stephen

#5 Bruce McNaughton

Bruce McNaughton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne Australia

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:33 AM

In fact it is not just missing a pin, it is missing the entire mount. What is shown in the photograph is the aluminium casting without any parts (2) of the BNCR stainless steel mount.

Sorry about that.

We make these mounts on a regular basis

Regards

Bruce

#6 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:15 AM

In fact it is not just missing a pin, it is missing the entire mount. What is shown in the photograph is the aluminium casting without any parts (2) of the BNCR stainless steel mount.

Sorry about that.

We make these mounts on a regular basis

Regards

Bruce

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, I've got the casting only.

Who knows what the other two pieces were originally for. The piece with what looks like a BNCR lens flange actually locks into an Arri mount turret port, complete with a groove matching the port's anti-rotation tab. For all it's worth it looks like it would mount an Arri 2 turret to a BNCR lens mount on another camera (the two cameras sitting face to face). Why???

Have you ever seen a Cinema Products BNCR hardfront casting up close? Is it compatible with the BNCR mounts you manufacture?

Thanks for your help!

#7 Bruce McNaughton

Bruce McNaughton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne Australia

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:25 AM

We could easily fit one of our mounts to this casting. We would need the casting of course. We can set the flange depth on one of our 2Cs but you would need to have this checked when you mount the system to you own camera

Regards

Bruce

#8 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:52 AM

We could easily fit one of our mounts to this casting. We would need the casting of course. We can set the flange depth on one of our 2Cs but you would need to have this checked when you mount the system to you own camera

Regards

Bruce

This is an option I need to explore, thanks!

Metropolis Post

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products

Technodolly

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc