Photo

DSR450 - DVCam cassette gets stuck and ejects.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Frankieplus

Frankieplus

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:59 AM

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Using a full size DVCAM tape, I gently and slowly push it in the load mechanism from the middle. The mechanism grabs the tape and pulls it into the camera and just as it's about to seat the tape, it stops and ejects.

This is starting to happen often. There's no way you could change tapes in any hurry. It seems to be 'latching' from the right hand side of the loading mechanism as it's about to seat. It does however eject nicely and after another attempt the tape usually goes in.

What's going on with that? Is this normal?

-Frankie

#2 Peter J DeCrescenzo

Peter J DeCrescenzo
  • Sustaining Members
  • 620 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Portland, OR, USA www.peterdv.com Blog: http://herefortheweather.wordpress.com/

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:25 PM

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Using a full size DVCAM tape, I gently and slowly push it in the load mechanism from the middle. The mechanism grabs the tape and pulls it into the camera and just as it's about to seat the tape, it stops and ejects. ... It does however eject nicely and after another attempt the tape usually goes in. What's going on with that? Is this normal?

I've occasionally seen this in my DSR-450WSL, too. For what it's worth, my previous camcorder was a Sony DSR-250 and it also did this occasionally. These cams seem to have very similar tape transports.

I find if I _very gently_ press the cassette at its center most of the way down while the cam pulls it in, this enables these cams to load fullsize DVCAM cassettes reliably.

I hope this info is helpful. If the above suggestion doesn't address your issue, you might have a Sony repair technician inspect your camcorder.

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

CineLab

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

CineTape