#1 Aphix

Aphix
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Eagle, Nebraska

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:50 PM

Our church has just been offered a weekly tv show deal and accepted it. We plan to begin starting easter sunday running 2 stationary side cameras and a pivot, zoom capable camera in the middle using the Video Toaster switch board with all new equipment. The video will be broadcasted a week prior to being filmed. I have been asked to be the switchboard operator and video editor because I have the most experience with video production (not much but the most). The problem is I have little experience with live switchboard control and could use a crash course in just about every aspect of it. Being the switchboard operator means that I will also be the director of the whole program and could use some tips on filming theory. I absorb electronic abilities and information and I can guaruntee I will learn fast. But I need a crash course and any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Taylor.

#2 Robert Hughes

Robert Hughes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Sound Department
  • Minneapolis

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:19 PM

"The video will be broadcasted a week prior to being filmed. "

Oh, you must be using the new Submersible Video Toaster with the self-reversing Time Expender plug-in. I'm considering getting one, as long as I can wire it to get paid before I use it. :lol:

#3 Daniel Sheehy

Daniel Sheehy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Other
  • Brisbane

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:39 PM

The video will be broadcasted a week prior to being filmed.

I assume you meant the video will be recorded a week prior to being broadcast. :)

What are you guys doing for lighting, sound?
What about keying titles and subtitles? Will you be keying them live or will that be done in post?

The center camera you described, is that on a remote head, or will there be an operator on it?

At its simplest form with 3 cameras, you will be looking for 1 camera to keep a wide/master shot, with the other 2 getting close-ups / reaction shots.
Its not hard to make it look good, but it requires good understanding and communication between you and the operators.

All the best

The Slider

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly

CineTape

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC