Catherine Russell

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Student
  • Ventura, CA

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:36 PM

I'm a student and I'm working on a Vespa spec commercial as part of a class. I'm trying to find out if it's possible to rent a camera mount that would fit on a Vespa, and/or a mount that could go in the back of a pick-up truck, and/or a side mount that can be operated from the passenger seat of a pick-up truck or car. And how much any combination of those things would cost for a student shoot pick-up on a Friday, Return on Monday. I've been looking through LA 411 and searching online, but I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions of places to call. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

-Catherine

#2 James West

James West
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • L.A.

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:29 PM

I remember a motorcycle rig from a vendor called Doggiecam, this was a few years ago, but I think they're still in Burbank and in the LA411

#3 Steve Larsen

Steve Larsen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Grip
  • Vancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:43 PM

I'm a student and I'm working on a Vespa spec commercial as part of a class. I'm trying to find out if it's possible to rent a camera mount that would fit on a Vespa, and/or a mount that could go in the back of a pick-up truck, and/or a side mount that can be operated from the passenger seat of a pick-up truck or car. And how much any combination of those things would cost for a student shoot pick-up on a Friday, Return on Monday. I've been looking through LA 411 and searching online, but I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions of places to call. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

-Catherine

This is the candy store for grips from around the world and it's in your neck of the woods. On the bottom of there website is a link to a rental company renting all the stuff they sell. This company (with whom I have no affiliation) Has just about everything you need to rig a camera anywhere. Take a close look at the 5/8" rod system for building off the vespa to some sort of plate or head or both.

http://www.modernstu...ges/1/index.htm

Steve

Opal

rebotnix Technologies

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam