Vincent De Paula
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Vancouver / Los Angeles

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:40 AM

Hi guys,

I have a shot coming up soon where I'd like to use a couple of S16mm zoom lenses that I have on a Sony DSR 500. I know that it would be much better to use a HD lens but since I already have those 2 lenses with me I thought I should give it a try.

They both have an Arri bayonet mount and was wondering if there is any adaptor out there to use them on a 2/3" B4 mount DSR 500.

Thanks

Vincent De Paula
London based DP
vincent@ambospictures.com

#2 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11938 posts
  • Other

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:55 AM

Hi,

I'm not really sure what you think it'll gain you - the construction of a 16mm zoom lens is extremely similar to that of a decent TV zoom (or even a not so decent TV zoom depending on the lens!)

The rental rate for the 500 probably includes, or could reasonably be expanded to include, glass of some kind - I'd direct my efforts toward ensuring you get a decent B4 mount TV lens and possibly a follow focus to suit if you think it's likely to be a big deal.

Phil

#3 Vincent De Paula

Vincent De Paula
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Vancouver / Los Angeles

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:30 AM

Hi,

I'm not really sure what you think it'll gain you - the construction of a 16mm zoom lens is extremely similar to that of a decent TV zoom (or even a not so decent TV zoom depending on the lens!)

The rental rate for the 500 probably includes, or could reasonably be expanded to include, glass of some kind - I'd direct my efforts toward ensuring you get a decent B4 mount TV lens and possibly a follow focus to suit if you think it's likely to be a big deal.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Not really looking to gain anything but mainly curiosity to see if it can actually be done. I have a decent Fujinon 9-144mm with 2x extender in the camera but was hoping to increase the number of lenses I can use with it, and also see what I could achieve.

Thanks

Vincent De Paula
London based DP
vincent@ambospictures.com

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

CineTape

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS