7 replies to this topic

#1 F Bulgarelli

F Bulgarelli
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:48 PM

There are companies out there that make it really easy for anyone to build and host a website, for instance, Yahoo Site Builders; you don't even have to know HTML to build your site; the only problem is Yahoo doesn't support Mac and is very limited as far as templates ans design in general; does anyone know of any other companies out there that do that kind of work for a reasonable price?

Thanks

francisco

#2 Dominik Muench

Dominik Muench
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Brisbane

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:28 AM

There are companies out there that make it really easy for anyone to build and host a website, for instance, Yahoo Site Builders; you don't even have to know HTML to build your site; the only problem is Yahoo doesn't support Mac and is very limited as far as templates ans design in general; does anyone know of any other companies out there that do that kind of work for a reasonable price?

Thanks

francisco

www.netfirms.com cheap, universal and reliable, i have 3 homepages with them, never had a problem and im on a mac too.

#3 F Bulgarelli

F Bulgarelli
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:34 AM

Thank you D.
Can I take a look at your websites?

Francisco

#4 Dominik Muench

Dominik Muench
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Brisbane

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:54 AM

Thank you D.
Can I take a look at your websites?

Francisco

sure: www.hereticarts.com

the other one is www.raffinesse-dessous.de only in german and a temporary design :)

#5 Tim Carroll

Tim Carroll
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2165 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago, Illinois

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:28 AM

www.netfirms.com cheap, universal and reliable, i have 3 homepages with them, never had a problem and im on a mac too.

Ditto

Lil' Folks Productions Website

Arri16S.com

Been using them for 4 years now without a problem. Highly recommend.

-Tim Carroll

#6 Chien Huey

Chien Huey
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • New York, NY

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:10 PM

For hosting alone, GoDaddy.com is inexpensive and reliable. My email and website are hosted through them and I haven't had problems. They do have "web builder" type plans but those cost more and you don't get as much hosting space/transfer bandwidth. However, if you don't mind rolling your own HTML, it's probably as cheap as it gets for hosting only.

#7 Michael Nash

Michael Nash
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3330 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Pasadena, CA

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:41 AM

you don't even have to know HTML to build your site; the only problem is Yahoo doesn't support Mac

Apple includes iWeb in their "ilife" software bundle these days. Very easy to use with a .mac account (which provides the hosting).

iWeb is a bit "dumbed down" and somewhat limited in its templates as well, but a reasonably intelligent person can figure out how to make the most of its capabilities. I don't have a personal website as yet, but I've created some for specific projects using iWeb very easily. I get to spend my time designing and tweaking the page, not the code.

#8 Brant Collins

Brant Collins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Producer
  • Little Rock, Arkansas

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:58 AM

Apple includes iWeb in their "ilife" software bundle these days. Very easy to use with a .mac account (which provides the hosting).

iWeb is a bit "dumbed down" and somewhat limited in its templates as well, but a reasonably intelligent person can figure out how to make the most of its capabilities. I don't have a personal website as yet, but I've created some for specific projects using iWeb very easily. I get to spend my time designing and tweaking the page, not the code.

iWeb rocks....I want to see iWeb Pro! I use with my own hosting not a .Mac account and it works great

http://brantcollins.com

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Glidecam

Visual Products

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post