#1 David Alan

David Alan

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Producer

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:10 AM

This was our first shoot, the client wanted a very gorilla video feel to it, and that "dancy" feel as well. With the exception of the Middle Portion of bad time lapse (which the client demanded we keep in) would love to know what everyone thinks.

Keep in mind this is a Dance Video :D

David

http://yabegoproduct...s/rainsmall.mov

#2 Kirk Anderson

Kirk Anderson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Other

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:13 AM

not bad, the ripple dissolve kills me, i'd change it to a cross dissolve, same with the wipes. Reminds me of the Star fade in lisa simpson's my first movie editor. it just happens in the beginning and not again, leaves me hanging. Came out very well. just need to add the lower third titles and you got a wrap. you can always re-cut your version different than the client copy. I've done that twice. very impressed with the lighting on many shots and the chromakey. what was your part? DP, Dir, Edit, all three?

Check out my vid and let me know what you think. shot on a PD150, shitty compression.
http://video.google....075497408025100

kirk

#3 David Alan

David Alan

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Producer

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:54 PM

Thanks,

Actually in fact its funny that you mention the ripple disolve, when we were in post, We were trying to figure out what disolves worked best for what we were doing, we came across the ripple, and actually liked it, its kind of symbolic to us, every time you see that disolve it represents what we refer to as a "time ripple" we cut out some useless time items. Our Omage to the stargate. Some of the other cuts had some interresting content. We had a Homeless Superman dancing and some astronauts walking down the street. All of which actually happened here in Downtown Orlando. We shot it and loved it, Apparently there was a fetish party going on the same night we were shooting.

As for my responsibility, was kind of all 3, there are 2 of us working on the project so we all shared in the duties

Thanks for the kind words, Im going to look up your link right now

Dave
yabegoproductions.com

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post

CineTape

Willys Widgets

The Slider

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal