Brant Collins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Producer
  • Little Rock, Arkansas

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:24 AM

http://www.spectrafilmandvideo.com/

They are selling Velvia 50D and say it is better than K40...anyone shot any. If so could you post a clip or screen shot

#2 Anthony Schilling

Anthony Schilling
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1053 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Portland, OR

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:45 AM

I'm having some getting trasferred there now, should have some examples up this week, along with some 100D from Wittner.

Edited by Skratch, 09 April 2006 - 10:46 AM.

#3 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 09 April 2006 - 02:16 PM

I'm having some getting trasferred there now, should have some examples up this week, along with some 100D from Wittner.

I have a couple of images up on my super-8 forum.

The two jpg images combined only use 116K and they are made from a 4x6 color print that I printed from the betacam sp master transfer that Spectra did. I'm still doing more tests but I can already tell this is an ideal short term compromise until Kodak releases their next low ASA Super-8 film.

#4 santo

santo
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2006 - 02:36 PM

I have a couple of images up on my super-8 forum.

The two jpg images combined only use 116K and they are made from a 4x6 color print that I printed from the betacam sp master transfer that Spectra did. I'm still doing more tests but I can already tell this is an ideal short term compromise until Kodak releases their next low ASA Super-8 film.

I would highly recommend that any readers of this post go to Alex's discussion board SUPER 8 FILMMAKING IN THE DIGITAL AGE at Hostboard. He's been holding down the fort there for quite some time while the insanity at filmmaking/conspiracytheory/slotcars.com goes on and on and on, representing maybe two dozen rejects at most who obsessively click at least 20 times on every post and buy no super 8 in any significant amount, and create an artificial anomaly in the format. At least compared to here, where a thread gets maybe 6 replies but a thousand views, indicating, without question or conjecture, that this is a many times larger audience than that joke is.

Anyways, that reality check out of the way, thanks for posting these, Alex. Very nice photography on your part. Well composed. Immediately one can see the wonderous surreal imagery of Velvia 50d. Sure, it's not suited for regular shooting, but it is damn beautiful material and I have been inspired to consider it again for a horror film I'm writing a script for that would benefit greatly from this surreal look.

Posted Image
this image is from Alessandro Machi's discussion board and is copyright by him and you must use proper notification like this. You can reach his discussion board at http://www.hostboard...ubb=forum&f=405

#5 Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:35 PM

representing maybe two dozen rejects at most who obsessively click at least 20 times on every post and buy no super 8 in any significant amount, and create an artificial anomaly in the format.

"Bottom feeders" would be a good way to describe them.

Edited by Ray Lucas, 10 April 2006 - 11:38 PM.

Paralinx LLC

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC

Opal

Technodolly