panzershreck

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:57 PM

i'm trying to understand lighting in general anyways

what i want to do is have the set or locations be intricate parts of a film as a whole (like a character), therefore focus on the location and have the lighting be a part of that just as walls or decorations might be a part of a location rather than superficial, and do this with conventional 120v bulbs... then shoot around that (than light around what the camera demands)

using a 35mm totally manual SLR i have, i recorded a living room with mostly white walls (dark floor & furniture, stark white walls with only a few things up hanging), and only a 52 watt 130v bulb lighting the space, the difference between a good and bad exposure was 5 stops, the 52w 130v bulb only has 530 lumens of output or 48 foot-candles (correct me if i'm wrong)... question is, for such a space with such characteristics, how many 100w 120v bulbs (1800 lumens each) would it take to light a space for good exposure from a single location or multiple locations (multiple would be easier, and single can easily get away with only a small space lit, the point is to make it seem realistic)

B&W so color rendition or color temperature don't matter, but if i were to use this kind of composition for color it would matter, would be shot on 16mm tungsten

i'm a total newb to lighting so feel free to comment positive or negative

Edited by panzershreck, 12 April 2006 - 11:59 PM.

Opal

Glidecam

Technodolly

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Paralinx LLC

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

CineLab

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS