• Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Other
  • Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:19 AM

mods please delete
sorry about the double post ...

Edited by Nick Mulder, 14 April 2006 - 01:25 AM.

#2 Nick Mulder

Nick Mulder
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Other
  • Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:44 PM

mods please delete
sorry about the double post ...

PLEASE DONT DELETE - it seems the posts have gotten confused and the pic has stayed with this thread (the thread that originally didn't have the pic :blink: )

hope the following makes sense:
Hi,

I recently purchased a PTL 12.5-100 zoom for my EL that came without instructions - I have by myself and with the help of friends figured out the functionality of all the knobs and bits but with one exception ...

Take a look at the attached pic, its below the aspheron switch and looks like a button but is instead a threaded ring which can be undone but only up to a point ... it feels like it should come off as it gets loose but there is something physical stopping it from coming off (I thought it looked like another battery compartment, but no ...)

It could be either malfunctioning or I am not observant enough but undoing it or tightening it up has no noticeable effect on the functionality of the lens (the auto-iris, power zoom, DOF preview ...)

Any ideas ?

cheers in advance,
nick

#3 Nick Mulder

Nick Mulder
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Other
  • Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:05 PM

well, been having this conversation with myself so I thought I shouldn't be rude and provide the 65 eavesdroppers (at last count) with an answer :D

the knob is actually a potective cover for the power zoom remote controller, it also provides two bridges that connect 4 of the pins to each other so the zoom functions internally ...

having not been used for sometime I'm guessing it was simply a bit sticky to remove (I only had the guts to pull on it hard once I had seen it from the inside out)

#4 gregorscheer

gregorscheer
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:49 AM

Great lens I used it for a N16 educational documentary film about coopering in 1850. a pity that it does not cover S16 unless you have it converted by bolex for ca $2000 I slod it and got the POE lens but sometimes regret it and want it back including the Aspheron that I had. Want to see some footage go to my wesite for the bucket film trailer

#5 Nick Mulder

Nick Mulder
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Other
  • Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:16 PM

Great lens I used it for a N16 educational documentary film about coopering in 1850. a pity that it does not cover S16 unless you have it converted by bolex for ca $2000

I wonder if the coverage is an optical problem with unacceptable corner blurring/aberation in which new elements are required or maybe its just a physical obstruction in the lens body design that causes vignetting that can be removed / modified / lathed out ...

If its the latter then the cost of doing it might not be so high ...

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

CineLab