Adapter Problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JP Creatives

JP Creatives
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:12 PM

Folks,

Is it possible that a lens adapter (Arri Bayonet onto Camflex, For an NPR) could make it impossible to focus to infinity?

The lens seems to be in excellent condition and I am wondering weather crappy lens mount adapters are actually manufactured, or if it really is the lens, perhaps it needs to be collimated?

When the focus ring is set to infinity it only seems to register at about 60 ft. maximum focus. Have tried other lenses in the camflex mount without the adapter and they are fine. It seems the problem is either the adapter or the lens not the camera or viewfinder.

The adapter also fits very very tight and I have to pry it off after it is in place to get it off. I don't know what the issue is, but I hope someone here has had a similar experience, or could shed some light.

JP

#2 Ian Marks

Ian Marks
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:53 PM

JP, something's definitely not right. The Eclair mount will positively accept an adapter for Arri (both standard and bayonet) lenses and the lenses will focus to infinity. The fit of the lens into the adapter should be tight (optical tolerances being what they are, you can't have and looseness or play), but you should be able to insert and remove the lens without it being too difficult. Of course, the adapter should fit snugly into the camera's mount when you turn it clockwise. Do you think you could post a picture of your adapter? Might there be someone in your area who would loan you their adapter for comparison?

#3 JP Creatives

JP Creatives
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:08 PM

JP, something's definitely not right. The Eclair mount will positively accept an adapter for Arri (both standard and bayonet) lenses and the lenses will focus to infinity. The fit of the lens into the adapter should be tight (optical tolerances being what they are, you can't have and looseness or play), but you should be able to insert and remove the lens without it being too difficult. Of course, the adapter should fit snugly into the camera's mount when you turn it clockwise. Do you think you could post a picture of your adapter? Might there be someone in your area who would loan you their adapter for comparison?

Ian,

Thanks again, between when I posted it and now I fixed the problem. All is well now I can focus to infinity. THe mount is fine.

You continually respond to my questions and that I am greatful for.

Thanks very much,

JP

The Slider

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS