No replies to this topic

#1 Adam White

Adam White
  • Sustaining Members
  • 135 posts
  • Other

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:50 AM

Hello all,

I hope this doesnt seem like hogging to have more than one query at any time but, if so, apologies.

I have worked with a production team on very low budget shoots and, as the expectations get larger, I am increasingly exasperated with the lack of financial support. The majoritory of the members here battle to get more bang/glass/lights for their money but these guys just arent able to provide anything! this leaves me scrabbling around with domestic fixtures (feeling like a fool) and diverting precious time from actualy planning individual shots to worrying about the cover for the kit and the one set of bulbs we have for the shoot.

Adam, you dont have to shoot with them!! Nobody is making you!! I know.

The director/writer team is the best I have ever dealt with. Further more, I am getting to shoot feature length projects and the experience of longer drama shoots is invaluable.

So my questions are: How do you educate a production team to appreciate the often bewildering array of kit we need? What level of financial risk should the camera team take on board themselves? And have any of the more experienced members taken over production duties in dire situations?

Ive been a while out of the main industry here but can the UK members advise on any hire houses that would work with me with such limited assets? I am almost embarrased to turn up with empty pockets!!

Finance is one of the worst barriers for newbies, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

Edited by Ad8m, 21 April 2006 - 11:51 AM.

Ritter Battery

CineLab

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam