#1 Brian Rose

Brian Rose
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Student
  • Kansas City area

Posted 22 April 2006 - 02:23 PM

It was an 85 minute narrative on 9/11 entitled "The Lounge." Turnout wasn't what I had hoped, but this weekend is (as is at most schools) a big party weekend. It was a difficult project, but I think it turned out reasonably well under the circumstances. But something I didn't anticipate. I don't like to be overly dramatic, but I cannot think of a better word to describe how I feel: Depressed. Well, bummed out. I spent two years on this film, and now that it has premiered, it's over. I can kind of understand post partem depression now. To labor over something, and to have it be done, it feels like a void. Not to mention, a film project takes so much creative energy, and now what? Hopefully, I'll think of something new to work on!
Best,
Brian Rose

#2 Michael Collier

Michael Collier
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1262 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:52 PM

I always try and start preping my next film just about the time I get to color and audio correction on my last film. It helps keep me from feeling that way. If you ever feel your creativity lingering, pick up the new script, thumb through to your favorite part and in just a few minutes you will feel better and be very excited for the future. It has always worked for me, and lets me keep up a good pace turning out an independent film every year or so.

Technodolly

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Opal

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

FJS International, LLC