#1 Barry Cheong

Barry Cheong
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Student
  • Toronto, Canada

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

Has anyone tried Matthew's Road Flags yet? I'm interested in their frames in particular. I'm worried they can come apart fairly easy - it looks like they just slot together. Are they heavily dependent on then tension of the rag to keep the whole thing together? I wanted to use the frame with my own custom materials.

#2 Rupe Whiteman

Rupe Whiteman
  • Sustaining Members
  • 336 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:57 AM

Has anyone tried Matthew's Road Flags yet? I'm interested in their frames in particular. I'm worried they can come apart fairly easy - it looks like they just slot together. Are they heavily dependent on then tension of the rag to keep the whole thing together? I wanted to use the frame with my own custom materials.

... I have a set of the smaller road rags and they're very useful. You need the grip set to to fix them to the stands... The frames become taught once interlocked and are tighter still once the net/flag/diffusion materials are slotted onto them. There's no reason why you can't add your own materials to them and just fix them with clips/pegs, or just fold over the ends of your materials and double-stitch them so they'll slide onto the frames as the supplied materials do... Road rags are good because they're very flexible/portable and fit on the same stand your lights are mounted onto. Alternatively you can buy the 1mx1m square lastolite skylite frames and affix your own materials...

Hope this helps,

Rupe Whiteman

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC

Opal

Aerial Filmworks

Technodolly

CineTape

The Slider