#1 dziga

dziga

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Director

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:32 PM

I'm prepping a short film that's going to shoot this summer in the desert. Initially I was going to shoot on 16mm, but suddenly i'm playing with the idea of Super-8. I'm looking for equipment and lab recommendations--- the film will be shot in sync--- and I want a good transfer onto DV for editing and finish. I think i'm going to buy a camera, rather than rent. My questions:

1) What's a solid Super8 camera for Sync shooting, and what price range should I expect to pay? Any recommendations for dealers? I'm wary of eBay. I've been eyeing the "Classic Pro Sync Package" through Pro8mm. Does anyone have experience with them? Can anyone recommend other similar sources? How about the Beaulieu 4008? How quiet can I expect these cameras to be? Do they need to be modified?

2) What are the better labs for Super-8 processing and transfer?

Any suggestions (or other obvious issues I should be thinking about with Super8) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 Ian Marks

Ian Marks
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:18 PM

If you're thinking about using Pro8mm, you might want to search the forum for the many comments, pro and con, regarding them on this site.

You might also want to check with Spectra, a newer company that is located close to Pro8mm. Spectra has some attractive package deals for film, processing, prep and telecine - check out their website (www.spectrafilmandvideo.com).

Hope this helps!

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

Abel Cine

CineTape

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS