helium balloon lighting!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rajavel

rajavel
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:51 AM

hi all
am planning to use a helium balloon lighting set up for a night exterior scene. would like to know how far can it be used.....what would be the approx distance at which i could use...and what reading will i get for the soft light ambience. cant i emulate the same effect with two 4k arri par shoot through chimera or bounce of white satin cloth of 12*12ft size from a good height. i would use 5218.anamorphic cineovision or hawk lens.
thanks
rajavel

#2 Will Novy

Will Novy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:12 PM

hi all
am planning to use a helium balloon lighting set up for a night exterior scene. would like to know how far can it be used.....what would be the approx distance at which i could use...and what reading will i get for the soft light ambience. cant i emulate the same effect with two 4k arri par shoot through chimera or bounce of white satin cloth of 12*12ft size from a good height. i would use 5218.anamorphic cineovision or hawk lens.
thanks
rajavel

Depends on what you are shooting on, as for distance, it also matters what type of look you are going for. Ive seen a helium balloon setup, and they are pretty brights. I guess also matters what size balloon you got.

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Opal

CineLab

Wooden Camera

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Willys Widgets

Abel Cine

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS