2 replies to this topic

#1 igus mikler

igus mikler
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:52 PM

question is while measuring light with the lightmeter what ISO should I set the sensitivity at?
will shoot at 24p, standard shutter at 1/60 (im kind of new to the ntsc system- but i gatther this is right)
also will be using lens adapter for 35mm lenses. so am wondering how this will effect the aperture- do i loose a stop or two by applying the lens? what comensation should i make/ if any?

also wondering if i should go for progressive or interlaced for best quality picture- might be blown up to 35mm.

thanks,

#2 Daniel Sheehy

Daniel Sheehy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Other
  • Brisbane

Posted 05 May 2006 - 03:26 AM

Given the factory specs, it will be roughly ISO 800.

Not sure about loss due to the lenses... though its easy enough to try them on and find out. :)

Edited by dsheehy, 05 May 2006 - 03:27 AM.

#3 Hans Kellner

Hans Kellner
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Other
  • Northern California

Posted 05 May 2006 - 12:54 PM

question is while measuring light with the lightmeter what ISO should I set the sensitivity at?
will shoot at 24p, standard shutter at 1/60

From several threads I have read about measuring the ISO, at 24p and 1/48 shutter the camera is around 640 ASA.

Btw - 1/48 is the default shutter rate when set at 24p.

also will be using lens adapter for 35mm lenses. so am wondering how this will effect the aperture- do i loose a stop or two by applying the lens? what comensation should i make/ if any?

Yes, you will lose light using a 35mm adapter. How much depends on the adapter. I have a Redrock M2 and lose about 1 stop of light. Your 35mm lens(es) will also need to be considered.

If you plan to use a 35mm adapter then plan on using a lot more light. Also be sure you or your DP is familiar with and sets up the 35mm adapter correctly. In the case of the M2 it takes a lot of fine tuning before it's dialed in. Although once that is done it creates some great images.

also wondering if i should go for progressive or interlaced for best quality picture- might be blown up to 35mm.

Shooting 24p advanced is recommended for going to film. Here's some info:

http://www.dvfilm.com/faq.htm#dvx100

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Glidecam

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

Abel Cine

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc