#1 carefully

carefully

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:04 PM

I'm hoping an expert can explain how the shot of the airplane cockpit in the first minutes of Narnia was done.

I can barely put it into words, but seeing that shot on the big screen sent shivers down my spine. It was so perfectly lit and so incredibly immersive that I forgot my existence for a few seconds.

Thanks!

#2 Chris Cooke

Chris Cooke
  • Sustaining Members
  • 246 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Lethbridge, AB Canada

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:36 PM

I can barely put it into words, but seeing that shot on the big screen sent shivers down my spine. It was so perfectly lit and so incredibly immersive that I forgot my existence for a few seconds.

I love when people are this passionate about cinematography. Don McAlpine ASC, ACS shot The Chronicles of Narnia and he did an impressive job. AC did an article about his cinematography on Narnia in December of '05 as well as many others including Kodak... http://wwwau.kodak.c...es/narnia.jhtml
I havn't seen the film in a while but I seem to recall that the scene in question was shot on greenscreen (that probably isn't a big help but if I have time later, I'll look it up or watch the film again).
BTW, welcome to cinematography.com, "carefully". It's nice to see you here. Just so that you're aware, it's prefered that people on this site use their real names (but of course not it's required if you have issue with that).

Wooden Camera

Opal

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies