Dominik Muench
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Brisbane

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:50 AM

hi guys,

sorry i know there has been a thread some time ago, but i cant find it anymore :/

im thinking of signing up there to find some company contacts in asia and maybe to get in touch with some cinematographers, through their representatives. is anyone member there and does it hold what is promised ? 12,95$ month i squite a bit of money.

thanks.

#2 Mark Allen

Mark Allen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Director
  • Los Angeles

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:05 AM

I think you get two weeks free, right? you can just try it out. Used to be.

I am a long time member, but I need it as a producer to track actors mostly. I also keep an eye on the starmeters of my actors who are in my corner already so I can keep a sense of their popularity.

I should probaby cancel it, but I never do. I use it just enough to keep the subscription going. But I do find it overpriced. half the amount would be worth it.

I was actually recently quoted in a magazine talking about the service ironically - about the whole age issue which is an interesting phenomenon. Actors are not happy about it, but producers need it for the advanced searches to find actors in range. Interestingly though, there is no ethnicity category which while for a crew person doesn't matter is actually a BAD thing for actors because it's really hard to browse for someone of a particular ethnicity when a role calls for it. If it were easier, the actors who had worked less would have a better chance of being found. Funny when trying to be politically correct can backfire.

#3 Dominik Muench

Dominik Muench
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Brisbane

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:11 AM

youre right, unfortunately i used up the two weeks trial last year, a friend of mine wanted to try it and we ran it over my credit card number but i never used the service in those two weeks :/ and nwo i cant sing up again obviously, thats why i ask.

so the adresses are quite usefull and you get in contact with the right people ? or are they just like:

paramount pictures
12345 Hollywood

?

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

CineTape

Tai Audio