#1 Dare Devil

Dare Devil

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:11 AM

Did anybody rated 5218/5229 or fuji at 2000ASA? How do you calibrate a meter? Is there any brand of lightmeter specificaly made for low light conditions?
Also, after pushing the stock for 2 stops, did anybody make sensitometry, check D minimum and compare it to standard processing. Can you post the results or send me an email with the curves. seo@adelphia.net
I know, there is a lot of questions but I have to start somewhere. I did extensive testing 20 years ago between AgfaGevert, Eastman and Fuji with surprising results. But that was a Century ago.
Today, I don't even know if Deluxe or Fotokem makes wedges.
Thank you,
Seo

#2 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:00 AM

Did anybody rated 5218/5229 or fuji at 2000ASA? How do you calibrate a meter? Is there any brand of lightmeter specificaly made for low light conditions?
Also, after pushing the stock for 2 stops, did anybody make sensitometry, check D minimum and compare it to standard processing. Can you post the results or send me an email with the curves. seo@adelphia.net
I know, there is a lot of questions but I have to start somewhere. I did extensive testing 20 years ago between AgfaGevert, Eastman and Fuji with surprising results. But that was a Century ago.
Today, I don't even know if Deluxe or Fotokem makes wedges.
Thank you,
Seo

For 5218 rated at EI-2000, I suggest only using a push-1 process. Remember, a push process does not really give much of a true speed increase, so expect to see loss of shadow detail and increased graininess. A push-2 process tends to make any film a bit too harsh in upper scale contrast, and increases the grain even more --- but maybe that's the "look" you want.

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly

Abel Cine

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

Glidecam

Metropolis Post