ave. Nizo pro price?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LVD

LVD
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 07:57 PM

Hey guys,

I have been looking at a couple Nizo Pros and am just wondering what is a reasonable price for a mint camera with a few extras (case, angle scope, etc.)?

Edited by LVD, 06 May 2006 - 07:58 PM.

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:17 PM

Hey guys,

I have been looking at a couple Nizo Pros and am just wondering what is a reasonable price for a mint camera with a few extras (case, angle scope, etc.)?

What's an angle pro (edit, oops, meant angle scope) and what is the actual model number of the camera?

#3 LVD

LVD
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:02 PM

What's an angle pro and what is the actual model number of the camera?

not angle pro, angle scope. And it is the Nizo Professional (which is just above, is a modified 801?) so no model number....unless you mean serial number and then I have no idea.

#4 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:07 PM

not angle pro, angle scope. And it is the Nizo Professional (which is just above, is a modified 801?) so no model number....unless you mean serial number and then I have no idea.

sorry about that, I was thinking pro when I wrote that, what is an angle scope?

#5 LVD

LVD
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 10:32 PM

sorry about that, I was thinking pro when I wrote that, what is an angle scope?

I am not positive, but I believe it is a small attachment (basically a mirror) that allows you to look down, but still through the viewer, when the camera is low to the ground keeping you from having to get down on your belly. That is the impression I got, but it's not that important. Anyone...Nizo Pro price?

#6 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 07 May 2006 - 01:48 AM

I am not positive, but I believe it is a small attachment (basically a mirror) that allows you to look down, but still through the viewer, when the camera is low to the ground keeping you from having to get down on your belly. That is the impression I got, but it's not that important. Anyone...Nizo Pro price?

I was asking about the angle scope, not to take attention away from your price question, but because that attachment could add cost to the asking price, especially if it is a valued item. Not getting any kind of an explanation as to what it was I went ahead and researched it on my own and it's not that valuable. I had thought it might be a poor man's orientable viewfinder but it's actually for the front of the lens not the viewfinder.

Maybe it's just me, but the "Anyone...Nizo Pro price?" seemed kind of rude to me when I was going to take a stab at the price AFTER I had learned more about the angle scope.

Instead, I'll take your lead...

Anyone...Nizo Pro price?

#7 LVD

LVD
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 02:15 AM

Sounds like a poor mans orientable viewfinder, I've never seen one for Super-8.

I was asking about the angle scope, not to take attention away from your price question, but because that attachment could add cost to the asking price, especially if it is a valued item.

Maybe it's just me, but the "Anyone...Nizo Pro price?" seemed kind of rude to me when I was going to take a stab at the price AFTER I had learned more about the angle scope.

Instead, I'll take your lead...

Anyone...Nizo Pro price?

Sorry Alessandro, didn't mean to be hasty or rude, just thought we were straying a little from the question at hand. Sorry if you read it that way. I will rephrase the question though...I have seen online prices of Nizo Pros from $500 US to upwards of $1000 (merzbarn w/ currency calculator). Are these prices reflective of what one should expect to pay for a mint,near-mint Nizo Pro? Or, should one really be looking more in the $300 price range?

#8 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 07 May 2006 - 02:53 AM

Sorry Alessandro, didn't mean to be hasty or rude, just thought we were straying a little from the question at hand. Sorry if you read it that way. I will rephrase the question though...I have seen online prices of Nizo Pros from $500 US to upwards of $1000 (merzbarn w/ currency calculator). Are these prices reflective of what one should expect to pay for a mint, near-mint Nizo Pro? Or, should one really be looking more in the $300 price range?

The three hundred dollar price range Nizos tend to be just the camera and either no case or a small cheapie case.

The cameras that come with their own metal cases and include cut out foam inserts for several accessories tend to sell for $500.00 and up and usually are reserved for the higher end cameras such as Beaulieu, Nizom and perhaps Leincina. The shipping of the camera, camera case and it's contents, by air mail from Germany (rather than by boat), will probably cost well over $50.00, perhaps in the 60-90 dollar range.
Many of these high end cameras were sold years ago as "camera packages" complete with a case and accessories. While one could argue against paying extra for the case and accessories, the theory behind the higher price is the belief that the case was a constant reminder to take care of the camera and not abuse it, transport the camera only by the case versus just having the camera on the front seat of the car ready to fall off the first time the car has to make a sudden stop.

Also, if one had to gather the accessories one by one off of eBay, the cost of the accessories and the shipping and the time spent searching for the accessories are all hidden costs that are not easy to determine.

You're probably going to get some type of warranty versus just "as is". If you decide to buy the camera from overseas but the shipping gets really expensive, see if the seller will split the cost with you. If that doesn't work consider having the camera shipped separately (with no batteries) via a faster method and the
case shipped a much slower way to save on shipping costs. But if this is done make sure the camera is wrapped with bubblewrap, taped tightly, then put in shipping box filled with styrofoam peanuts.

And finally, ask if they actually service the camera and if they actually did a servicing on the camera before selling it to you. Although nothing is guaranteed the resale value might be decent if it turns out the camera is as advertised when you buy it and you take care of it as well.

Willys Widgets

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery

Opal

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam

Technodolly

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

rebotnix Technologies