#1 paul pardue

paul pardue

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:47 PM

okay, so I post a similar thread a while ago in the jvc forum, but I still have some other questions.

First, compared to the hd100, any thoughts? Workflow, quality, use, design, anything and everything.

Secondly, and somewhat on the technical side I have some specific questions here.

1. when shooting the 'special frame rates', it's shot at say 60 frames a second but saved and played back as say 30 frames a second right, so if I go to preview it, it will look as it should without any special processing.

2. When shooting at a frame rate for a frame rate, say 24 for 24, is it "REAL" 24 frames, or is it through a pulldown or frame blending or something, just want to make sure that if I shoot 24p or 30p, or whatever, I just curious.

3. Heard that the 1080 is up-converted, true or not? Also, in terms of quality, what's 1080 look like? And is it 1080p?

4. p2. Thoughts on a 4 gig and field use? I'm on a very very very limited budget, and can't afford anything other then at most 1 4 gig p2... Laptop and external reader to a hard drive and/or dvd? 4 gig p2 cards backed up to a 4.7 gb DVD sounds like a easy equation right?

I am sure I have more questions, but that's all I can think of right now...

#2 Will Novy

Will Novy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:50 PM

okay, so I post a similar thread a while ago in the jvc forum, but I still have some other questions.

First, compared to the hd100, any thoughts? Workflow, quality, use, design, anything and everything.

Secondly, and somewhat on the technical side I have some specific questions here.

1. when shooting the 'special frame rates', it's shot at say 60 frames a second but saved and played back as say 30 frames a second right, so if I go to preview it, it will look as it should without any special processing.

2. When shooting at a frame rate for a frame rate, say 24 for 24, is it "REAL" 24 frames, or is it through a pulldown or frame blending or something, just want to make sure that if I shoot 24p or 30p, or whatever, I just curious.

3. Heard that the 1080 is up-converted, true or not? Also, in terms of quality, what's 1080 look like? And is it 1080p?

4. p2. Thoughts on a 4 gig and field use? I'm on a very very very limited budget, and can't afford anything other then at most 1 4 gig p2... Laptop and external reader to a hard drive and/or dvd? 4 gig p2 cards backed up to a 4.7 gb DVD sounds like a easy equation right?

I am sure I have more questions, but that's all I can think of right now...

1. If you play it back and you didnt record 24pn, it wont look slow motion. if you do, then on playback it will play back in slow motion.

2.24pn is "true" 24 frames. 24p is 29.97, progressive.

3. the upconverted is true. To tell the truth, unless you have a 50' HD TV and up, you really arent going to notice the quality difference between 720p and 1080i. And the camera does not have 1080p.

4. if i were you, i would pitch that a second P2 card is needed, otherwise you wont be able to shoot while it downloads on the computer. (hot swapping as they call it)

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

CineLab

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam