video tap to kinor 16

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oopee

oopee
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 08:10 AM

Hello

I Got my kinor about a month ago and i just love it. Its Easy to hand held, very light. And now i am thinking to upgrade it to super 16, and i was wondering is it possible to build video tap to kinor. Or is there a video tap for kinor or konvas 35mm cameras witch could work on the kinor 16mm? Sure i can build video tap from bullet camera, but i want to see the loop also.

#2 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:57 AM

Hello

I Got my kinor about a month ago and i just love it. Its Easy to hand held, very light. And now i am thinking to upgrade it to super 16, and i was wondering is it possible to build video tap to kinor. Or is there a video tap for kinor or konvas 35mm cameras witch could work on the kinor 16mm? Sure i can build video tap from bullet camera, but i want to see the loop also.

Hi.
About Super 16 modificsation of Kinor-16 camera.
If we not wil told about technical problems ( re-centering of optical axis of lens mount, re-centering of groun dglass, set new rollers on film magazine ), you can have other problem - Kinor-16 camera have lenses design for " norma-16" film size and zoom lenses not cover Super 16 size on all range of zoom.
I make a some sinply test with 10-100 mm zoom lens and had result of cover Super 16 on range near 25..100 mm. (Possible, my test not precision too much )
The prime lenses 50 mm, 75 mm, 100 mm will cover Super 16, because, the optical clocks of this lens take from 35 mm cine cameras.
That's why, if you wish have Super 16, you need think about lenses.
The Super 16 size cover Elite Optics , Optar Illumina and other West brand name lenses.
But, this lenses have high price.

About video assistance.
The any video assistance can have two base category.
The video assistance instead of viewfinder, or video assistance must work with viewfinder.

The viewo assistance instead of viewfinder not big problem.
The Kinor-16 viewfinder have jettisonable magnifier from prism ( 4 screws only ). And you can set CCD video camera with macro lens.
You can set CCD video camera instead of full viewfinder too, You need unscrew two screws and disconnect viewfinder.

The second type of video assiatnce more complex. You need set semi-transparent mirror and divide light on CCD camera and viewfinder.
The viewfinder of Kinor-16 camera have one mirror, what you can replace on semi-transparent.
But, need design body of attachment, connect with viewfinder and other.
Possible, anybody have other idea connect video assistance.
This is optical diagram of Kinor-16 camera.

[attachment=1205:attachment]

And more additional information for Kinor-16 users.
The electrocal motor of Kinor-16 camera from original version with one speed can be modify on multispeed version with 4 pin XLR connector and digital voltmeter of battery and on crystal sync multi speed
version with 10, 16 speeds and other possibilities.

#3 oopee

oopee
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:22 AM

I Have the 16-50 fps motor wich you made for me. And it is very good.

About the lenses, we will be using pl mount lenses from the rental house, and i will buy one cheaper zoom which i will be using in my own shootings.

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

Opal

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

CineTape

Aerial Filmworks