Davon Slininger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:08 PM

Hi All,
Looking for some help choosing a camera and lenses for an upcoming short I will be shooting. I would like to shoot HDV 24p. I've used the DVX100 for a project before (not HD i know) with its standard lens. I would like to get a set of primes for whatever camera I end up using so that I can get a good shallow DOF so i'll need some ideas on a lens package as well as the type of mount/converter that i'll need to be able to use them.

Affordability is a bit of an issue since I have about $1700 for my total camera and lighting package.

The script calls for some night exteriors as well as interiors and some car shots with dialogue.

Thanks in advace for any replies. Let me know if there is any more info that you might need.

cheers
-davon

#2 pablomadrid

pablomadrid
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Madrid, Spain

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:03 PM

Hi All,
Looking for some help choosing a camera and lenses for an upcoming short I will be shooting. I would like to shoot HDV 24p. I've used the DVX100 for a project before (not HD i know) with its standard lens. I would like to get a set of primes for whatever camera I end up using so that I can get a good shallow DOF so i'll need some ideas on a lens package as well as the type of mount/converter that i'll need to be able to use them.

Affordability is a bit of an issue since I have about $1700 for my total camera and lighting package.

The script calls for some night exteriors as well as interiors and some car shots with dialogue.

Thanks in advace for any replies. Let me know if there is any more info that you might need.

cheers
-davon

Hi,

P+s Technik has the minipro 35 for hdv cameras, if you have enough budget

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport