NFTS how long before you find out?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 susiej19

susiej19
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:45 AM

Hello everyone,

Has anyone got any experiences of being accepted/rejected from the NFTS? I applied recently for the MA in sound post-production and the diploma in sound recording for film and television and I haven't heard back from them yet. I am wondering how long it takes to find out? and whether they send letters or email to let you know if you have been successful or not. Any comments would be appreciated!

Thanks

Suze

#2 Phil Connolly

Phil Connolly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Director
  • London

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:31 PM

Hi Suze

My experiences with applying to the Nfts were similar to Tims, again applying to cinematography - took ages to hear the bad news - same with my flat mate, he applied to documentary direction - but got in - but he didn't finally know for even longer as the interview and workshop process is quite long as well.

Good luck, they are both great courses - over the last 6 months I've worked with a few NFTS graduates from the sound courses (just had a promo I directed, mixed by one of their sound post production graduates - it went really well) - they seem to know their stuff and were complimentry of the course, the schools dubbing theatre's pritty nice as well.

Phil

#3 susiej19

susiej19
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:47 AM

Thanks guys

That's helpful - i read somewhere that we'd hear within 2 weeks..way out! Argh I hate long waits, oh well hopefully i'll be doing something exciting by the time I hear from them so I won't care about being rejected too much anyway!

The courses and facilities do seem great but I'm going to put the feelers out - see what else is a possibility!

Suze

#4 Morgan Peline

Morgan Peline
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:43 AM

Hi,

I would just phone them up and ask, they might be able to give you a little more info as to when you will receive an answer.

Switchboard: 01494 671234
Admissions: 01494 731425
01494 731413

Good luck!

#5 stoop

stoop
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:03 PM

Iv'e applied for the MA cinematography course. End of this week I have been told!

#6 Morgan Peline

Morgan Peline
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:54 AM

Hi,

The list of interviewees for cinematography will be passed on to the admin office (who send out interview letters) early next week. So you should get a reply either by the end of next week or early the week after. Apparently it has taken a bit of time this year as there 140 applicants for cinematography this year and the tutors had to go through each application individually...

Cinematography interviews will most likely be the 3rd week of June.

Good luck!!

And if you don't get into the school, remember that there are many successful DPs out there who never went to film school and did it the old fashioned way. There are many different ways of becoming a cameraperson, as my tutor has said on many occassions to applicants who were not successful, you just have to keep plugging away.

Sorry, but I have no idea what the sound department is doing.

Aerial Filmworks

Ritter Battery

Glidecam

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

The Slider

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Rig Wheels Passport

Opal

Visual Products