Antti Näyhä
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Other
  • Belgium/Finland

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:58 AM

Hello all,

I'm a Finnish film/film-tech enthusiast who will be visiting Los Angeles from June 6 to 14. Now I'm looking for recommendations for eg. high quality (even 4k?) DLP shows/demos, 70mm presentations, classic/rare film screenings, historically notable theaters, film museums and any other places worth a visit in the area. I'll probably be spending at least one night in San Fransisco, too. To clarify a bit, I'm not looking for stuff like the Universal Theme Park, thank you very much. :)

Despite all the hi-tech hype about Finland, we still don't have a single digital cinema! 70mm is quite rare, too. So, any hints about such shows and venues - as well as web sites with relevant information - will be highly appreciated.

For example, is there an easy way to look for all DLP screenings in LA area? I was already informed about the Mann Village, which supposedly has state-of-the-art digital presentation. Would you agree?

I already found out about the 70mm TRON from the in70mm.com screening list. Sadly I'll be missing the 70mm Lawrence of Arabia on June 3! :(

Edited by Antti Näyhä, 25 May 2006 - 03:59 AM.

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products

CineLab

Glidecam

Tai Audio