Need 2 HD Cameramen in sweden

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 shnitzel3

shnitzel3
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:23 PM

Need 2 HD Cameramen in Sweden/Scandavia for a 4 Day (travel and lodging will be payed) ENG Shoot
from the 17th of June to the 20th of June.
Cameramen must have own equipment. Either a Sony F750/F900, a Varicam or an equivelent camera (24P Preferable, but not necessary).

Please reply to eyal@threeheadstudios.com

With rate, availabilty, and equipment

Thank you

Eyal

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19765 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:32 AM

That's funny -- I'm in Stockholm right now on vacation reading this in an internet cafe... but I don't own any cameras, I'm on vacation with my wife, and tomorrow we fly to Helsinki... sorry.

#3 Sakari Suuronen

Sakari Suuronen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Student
  • Tampere, Finland

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:44 AM

What what what*? David's coming to Helsinki!?!? That's great! Too bad you aren't coming tday (friday) there's this huge event at kauppatori where the "Lord" band won the eurovision and the whole country's gone absolutely insane and there's gonan be tens of thousands people there.... The phenomenan is quite silly.....(I'm not going...)

(Sorry this is so off topic)

#4 Adam Frisch FSF

Adam Frisch FSF
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2009 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, USA

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:06 AM

So, David, did you like my old hometown?

#5 Travis Cline

Travis Cline
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:22 PM

I can't believe Lord won, what a ridiculous band. No offense to Finland, I love Finland.

Travis

#6 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19765 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:47 AM

My impression is that few think that any winner of the Eurovision contest represents the best music out there anyway, so why not Lordi? Do people take that award seriously anyway?

Stockholm was beautiful.

Helsinki has a different charm -- reminds me a little of my time in St. Petersburg, architecturally. Went to the local art house cinema (Kino Forum?) and saw "Good Night & Good Luck", in English with Swedish & Finnish subtitles. My wife, who is learning Finnish, went to see the latest Aki Kurismaki movie in the next theater. She also had a kick watching "South Park" on TV with Finnish subtitles as they attempted to replace American swear words (like "crackwhore") with Finnish ones.

The theater spaces at the art house cinema in Helsinki were awful, like the tiny shoeboxes of the Cineplex Odeon at the Beverly Center but worse. The seats are on an uphill slope towards the screen, guaranteeing that every head in front of you will block the lower third of the screen. And the screen is tiny, 1.85-shaped, so that the scope print for "Good Night & Good Luck" was letterboxed on it (which perhaps was a good thing since I had so many heads in the way...) But then, most art house theaters in Los Angeles have mediocre projection too -- I generally dread having to see something at the Laemmle's, for example, or the Westside Pavilion.

#7 Adam Frisch FSF

Adam Frisch FSF
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2009 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, USA

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:41 AM

What's that theatre on Sunset - it's like an arty multiplex with a coffee house and a little book shop in the lobby? I really liked that one, it was very good.

I just wish the American theatre's would have curtains on their screens - it's so uncharming to step into an empty theatre with this huge white screen staring blankly back at you. Just a minor complaint.

#8 Jonathan Spear

Jonathan Spear
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Other

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:52 AM

I spent a month in Sala a few years ago. I caught "Prisoner of Azkiban" at a cool little theater there and was amazed at how quiet and mesmorized the audience (90% children) remained throughout the entire picture. Such friendly, easy going people.

#9 Tim J Durham

Tim J Durham
  • Sustaining Members
  • 742 posts
  • Director
  • East Coast, Baby!

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:18 PM

What's that theatre on Sunset - it's like an arty multiplex with a coffee house and a little book shop in the lobby? I really liked that one, it was very good.

I just wish the American theatre's would have curtains on their screens - it's so uncharming to step into an empty theatre with this huge white screen staring blankly back at you. Just a minor complaint.

I think the Arclight is on Sunset and has a coffee shop (and a bar) and a gift shop. I guess you could call it arty in a George Jetson sorta way.

As for the curtains, I suspect they have been deemed fire hazards by now.

#10 Adam Frisch FSF

Adam Frisch FSF
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2009 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, USA

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:58 PM

Arclight, that's it. Thanks.

The Slider

Ritter Battery

Visual Products

Opal