#1 Bryan Darling

Bryan Darling
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Director
  • Sacramento, CA

Posted 30 May 2006 - 03:49 PM

I was wondering what the differences in the 7th, 8th,& 9th editions are. What I'm most interested in knowing is if material has been deleted for new material dealing with digital or that the digital information has been added to the original material. I'm making a decision as to which edition I will get. I use traditional film more than digital technologies, however if all the original material pertaining to 16mm & 35mm film, cameras, process, et. al. remains then I'd get the new one.

Thanks.

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 20068 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:57 AM

I was wondering what the differences in the 7th, 8th,& 9th editions are. What I'm most interested in knowing is if material has been deleted for new material dealing with digital or that the digital information has been added to the original material. I'm making a decision as to which edition I will get. I use traditional film more than digital technologies, however if all the original material pertaining to 16mm & 35mm film, cameras, process, et. al. remains then I'd get the new one.

Thanks.

There isn't a lot of differences, but the latest one is more updated obviously. A few things were added back to the last edition that were deleted in earlier ones, which is why it is bigger. A few corrections are always made in each edition too.

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

rebotnix Technologies

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Technodolly

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Ritter Battery