w/a & tele attachments for super 800

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wally

wally
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:41 AM

Here I am again, regarding the last posting for these accessories, what is the conversion factor for these parts. The lens are marked 1:4, and that would be 0.25x, but the w/a is nowhere near that, the same for the tele...

I tried a 0.33 Raynox w/a attachment for a Sony VX2100 on the super 800, but I can't focus correctly, although the frame coverage is much broader than the 1:4 (0.25 should be wider than the 0.33, I think, since my 0.5 w/a attachment has a smaller fisheye effect than the o.33)

Thanks again for everyone,
W.

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:28 PM

Here I am again, regarding the last posting for these accessories, what is the conversion factor for these parts. The lens are marked 1:4, and that would be 0.25x, but the w/a is nowhere near that, the same for the tele...

I tried a 0.33 Raynox w/a attachment for a Sony VX2100 on the super 800, but I can't focus correctly, although the frame coverage is much broader than the 1:4 (0.25 should be wider than the 0.33, I think, since my 0.5 w/a attachment has a smaller fisheye effect than the o.33)
Thanks again for everyone,
W.

Unless I'm mistaken, the 1.4 is a tele-extender, meaning you multiply your existing zoom setting by 1.4 to get your new measurement.

The .33 wide attachment probably needs to be focused via the wide angle macro setting that hopefully is an feature that your super-8 camera actually has.

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Glidecam

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC