#1 Ckulakov

Ckulakov
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Student
  • Washington D.C.

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:39 PM

Here is a short 3 min film that I directed, photographed, edited and acted. Mainly a musicly motivated concept film inspired by a photoshoot a few months before. The shoot was spontaneous and with no script or planning. I wanted it to be something beautiful, something that reminded me of a animated children's book with a few inspirations from the French film Amelie. Thanks to my cousin Barbara, the main actress, I was able to accomplish some great shots. Shooting with a 4 year old consumer camera was a little problem so I decided to shoot the reality in color and add some sepia to make it appear "French" (don't ask why). To my surprise, for some of the shots the sepia worked out beautifully and I am proud of it. The black and white, however, has been a trick of mine used to battle the amateur colors of DV and it worked out beautifully for the "dreamy" scenes. The camera moves where done using a 20 dollar tripod from wal-mart and the last shot woked out amazing with me balancing the tripod on top of the bed with me standing on it. PLEASE CRITIQUE.

GO HERE :

(SORRY ABOUT THE POOR COMPRESSION)

#2 Michael Nash

Michael Nash
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3330 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Pasadena, CA

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:56 PM

We should move this to the "Please Crtitique My Work" forum...

Nicely done, but "dream" was less visually appealing and engaging than the "reality" of the woman reading in bed. The bedroom scene had nice compositions and camera movement, and created a feeling. The dream, in comparison, was too distant and repetitive. It seems to me the dream should have been more evocative than the reality.

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

Wooden Camera

FJS International, LLC

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc