• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fran Kuhn

Fran Kuhn
  • Sustaining Members
  • 352 posts
  • Other

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:26 PM

I'm looking to recell two of 4008 ZMII's screw-in on-board batteries. They are the 7.2 volt type. I already have an external battery pack, but often I'd prefer to use the on-board cells to keep things simple.

One place I found is an outfit called Cameras-Pro (in Nevada, I believe), the other is IJM in Mission Hills, CA. C-P is asking $135 to do the work; I spoke to Irving at IJM and, as I recall, he told me around $90.

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

Thanks.

#2 Brad Grimmett

Brad Grimmett
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2660 posts
  • Steadicam Operator
  • Los Angeles

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:06 PM

I have all of my batteries recelled at Victory Battery in Los Angeles. They can probably help you. Give them a call @ 1-800-292-6565.

#3 Fran Kuhn

Fran Kuhn
  • Sustaining Members
  • 352 posts
  • Other

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:41 PM

I have all of my batteries recelled at Victory Battery in Los Angeles. They can probably help you. Give them a call @ 1-800-292-6565.

Thanks again, Brad. They can't do it. I left a message at Cameras-Pro last week, no response yet.

In a moment of weakness, I thought I'd call Pro 8mm and see if I could have my external battery pack re-celled. I bought it new from them in 2001 and it died less than a year later after just two uses. (I should have taken it back then, but I think we all know how that would have gone.)

Anyway, I called them yesterday to see if they could re-cell their pack. The guy said he'd check with the boss. He came back and told me that the list price for the the complete pack is $200, but he said if I only need to replace the batteries (not the leather case, wire, plug), they can do it for $200.

Makes sense to me.

#4 Fran Kuhn

Fran Kuhn
  • Sustaining Members
  • 352 posts
  • Other

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:27 AM

I left a message at Cameras-Pro last week, no response yet.

Got a call back from Guy at Cameras-Pro and he says can re-cell the on boards. I may give it a try. If it works out, I'll post some info about the service.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Paralinx LLC

CineLab

Visual Products

Abel Cine