Repulsion (Polanski)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 peter orland

peter orland
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:07 PM

Took out three DVD's and went home to watch, two new release, and one re-release that I new nothing about, Repulsion. I won't bother saying what the new release tiltles were but I couldn't get past 30 minutes on either of them, complete and utter garbage.

So now I stare at the cover of this old title and try and decide whether I should just go to bed...f#@k it...I chuck it in the player, clutch the remote, then sit at the ready with the eject button.

What a freakout, it scared the poop out of me, talk about paranoia. This film would have to be right up there with the best of them in the seriously whacked out department. I'm not even sure why it affected me so much but it did.

Anyone else?

#2 Giles Sherwood

Giles Sherwood
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:20 PM

Well, like they say, "No one doe it to you like Roman Polanski." I especially love The Tenant and Rosemary's Baby. Along with The Shining they're my favorite horror movies.

#3 Nick G Smith

Nick G Smith
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London UK

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:25 AM

Repulsion is one of my all time favourites. Shot by Gil Taylor who had impressed Polanski with his work on Dr Strangelove. Wonderful camera movement and beautiful B/W photography. Catherine Deneuve looks fantastic even in the distorting wide angles. I have always loved the end shot as it pans across the debris of the apartment and then zooms into the photograph of the family and into the girls face. Check out Polanski's Cul de Sac, again shot by Gil Taylor- not really a pyschological thriller but madly hilarious in its own way.

Wooden Camera

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

The Slider

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

CineLab

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport