Mattebox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Luzer

Luzer
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:18 AM

Hi all

This is my first post here and I would like to ask a question. The 3x3 mattebox that comes with the SRII, what's the diameter of its back mount?

Thanks

#2 Luzer

Luzer
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:57 AM

Anyone knows the answer to the above? Hmm, maybe I should ask the question in another way. The lens used on the SRII is a Zeiss 10-100 but Im not sure of its front diameter. Anyone knows?

#3 Robert Glenn

Robert Glenn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Other

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:26 AM

Anyone knows the answer to the above? Hmm, maybe I should ask the question in another way. The lens used on the SRII is a Zeiss 10-100 but Im not sure of its front diameter. Anyone knows?

not sure but you can check chrosziel's website.. they have a pdf catalog that has a list of most major lenses and their outer diameter

Edited by RobertNC, 17 June 2006 - 11:27 AM.

#4 Tim Carroll

Tim Carroll
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2165 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago, Illinois

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

The front diameter of the Zeiss 10-100 T2 Mk1 lens is 80mm. The front diameter of the Zeiss 10-100 T3.1 lens is 75mm. Those are the only two that I know the front diameters for.

-Tim

#5 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:19 PM

The later 10-100 T2 Mark2 has an 87mm front.

If you have a 3x3" mattebox, that is really ancient history and I question if it will even cover the lens at 10mm. It certainly isn't worth the cost of investing any filters or accessories for it. Much better to get a 4x4 mattebox which will cover fine and you can both purchase and rent filters in the size commonly. There are many inexpensive models out there now because this is the size preferred for most of the MiniDV camcorders.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport

Glidecam

Tai Audio

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

rebotnix Technologies

Willys Widgets