6 replies to this topic

#1 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:45 PM

by - IMDbPro.com Help Desk (15 Jun 2006 01:21:57 PM)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for asking about splitting a list off from miscellaneous crew.

While this is something we do plan to do eventually, at the moment we have some other changes that are of a higher priority, along with a few software and process changes that we need to make to help this process.

The splits to date have been dictated in part by the Oscar categories and in part by internal considerations (e.g. technical data management requirements). Future splits will attempt to mirror industry practices on departmental divisions.

----
Regards,
Alex
The IMDbPro.com Help Desk

#2 Laurent Andrieux

Laurent Andrieux
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1527 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • France

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:53 PM

Hi,

As you are responding to a topic that was created somewhere else, I think people would have appreciated that you answer in this very same thread...

Anyway, it's nice to see that one of the forums' members is part in the IMDB process, and nice too if not nicer even to see that the IMDB site expresses its care about the requirement we made.

But...

I am really not satisfied, my self, by the mention that the change we require is "something you do plan eventually" and that "at the moment you have some other changes..." etc and blah blah blah.

The so-called "technical data management requirements" just make me laugh (as a webmaster, apart from that) !

The IMDB is a resource that has got a high level of reference in a lot of people's mind.

But we are the people that feed that DB, along other ones.

And I must confess I don't know what I'm doing there as a "miscellenous" part of the crew.

If I understand pretty well why it may take some time to make a few changes so that the camera/light/grip crew appear as ones of its own, I would appreciate a little bit more enthousiasmism in the eventuality of such a change...

Regards,

#3 Laurent Andrieux

Laurent Andrieux
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1527 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • France

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:34 PM

Sorry, Hal... I realise, have you just posted a copy of a reply you got from them, or are you part of the IMDB team ?

#4 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:55 PM

Sorry, Hal... I realise, have you just posted a copy of a reply you got from them, or are you part of the IMDB team ?

Nope, I just posted their reply - I looked around for the original thread and didn't see it so I started a new thread to get IMDb's message out.

#5 Laurent Andrieux

Laurent Andrieux
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1527 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • France

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:46 AM

:D

Sorry so...

Well, what do you think of a common mail ?

(the original topic is here :http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/index.php?showtopic=14723)

#6 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11937 posts
  • Other

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

Hi,

This has only recently stated to matter to me, and I must admit that I find the lack of a camera department subheading confusing (inasmuch as an HD tech is really part of the camera department).

Phil

#7 Laurent Andrieux

Laurent Andrieux
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1527 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • France

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:19 PM

Yes, good idea, video and HD techs as well as DITs should figure as such in the database !

Point is there now are two topics on this subject...

Opal

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Wooden Camera

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

The Slider