#1 Gary Lemson

Gary Lemson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Other
  • Santa Cruz Mountains

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:08 PM

I have the latest demo version of Edius Pro. When I render a clip selection, the program terminates, and I end up back at the desktop. If I select "render and add to timeline", then the process seems to complete and the rendered clip (copy) is added to the next video track (less audio). I can certainly work around this by placing the audio with the rendered clip. However, it's not the ideal solution.

Any ideas why I'm getting kicked out when doing a normal render?

#2 Bryan Darling

Bryan Darling
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Director
  • Sacramento, CA

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:43 PM

I have the latest demo version of Edius Pro. When I render a clip selection, the program terminates, and I end up back at the desktop. If I select "render and add to timeline", then the process seems to complete and the rendered clip (copy) is added to the next video track (less audio). I can certainly work around this by placing the audio with the rendered clip. However, it's not the ideal solution.

Any ideas why I'm getting kicked out when doing a normal render?

I use the Eduis NX system with Edius Pro v3.61. I can't recall running into this issue, but might I suggest the forums on Canopus. I think that would be a better resource for your problem. It could have to do with the codec of the original file you are trying to render into a new codec. Have you just tried a plain render to file? Once rendered, the program places it in the file bin. Then drag that from the file bin into the timeline. This might help in tracking down the issue. I'd try that and see what happens, then put a post your question with results of tests you've tried onto the Edius forum.

CineTape

Visual Products

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam