#1 Andy O'Neil

Andy O'Neil
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Other
  • Asheville, NC (USA)

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:44 PM

I don't like carrying things around my hips or butt. I knock into things. I like to be stealth - you know - Delta Force. I also am not a big fan of putting things in the pockets of cargo pants. I like to be nimble, quick on my feet.

On set, I'm the P2 runner. I'm responsible for copying the information on the P2 cards to the P2 Store. and keeping charged batteries on hand among other things. I'm using Ameribag Healthy Back Bag to carry batts, P2 cards, screw driver, etc. It works great for P2 cards, slater markers, cell phone, tape, lens cleaner, etc. I can swing it around to my back while I work and swing it around to my front to quickly access the tools I need. Unlike a normal backpack - I don't have to take the pack off to get to essential items.

I want a better carrying system for batteries. Right now, the 10 hour batteries clump together in a disorganized mass and add uneccesary weight to my messenger bag. It would be nice to carry batteries as if they were ammo packs, somewhere on my upper torso or shoulders. One near each shoulder - this may just be entirely silly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Andy

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

CineLab

rebotnix Technologies