#1 Charles Derrick Krause

Charles Derrick Krause

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:50 PM

I can't capture video from my Canon XL2 into Premiere Pro 1.5. I used to be able to, but all of the sudden something must have changed and I can't any more. It just says, "Capture Device Offline." I reformated my computer and re-installed Premiere and that didn't work. I took the camera to my friend's house and I captured it fine in Pinacle Studio 9. I tried installing Pin on my computer, but I had the same problem - The computer didn't recognize the camera. So then I installed a new firewire port to my computer - still no good. I thought then that the cord might be bad so I bought a new 6 pin - 4 pin. That didn't work either. I have no idea what to do. I figure some setting has been changed or something but wouldn't that have been reset during reformating and reinstallation? I need some serious help here, I read a couple of topics by people around the Adobe forums with similar problems, and they were told to go to http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Software
but that didn't really help me... I thought that I might need to enable my IEEE 1394 but I never disabled it...

#2 Dan Goulder

Dan Goulder
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:28 PM

Double check your capture settings, making sure they're set for IEE1394 capture. It sounds like they may have switched to the analogue capture setting, which would give the results you describe. I'll waive the $35 per incident support fee that Adobe would have charged.

#3 Charles Derrick Krause

Charles Derrick Krause

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:44 PM

that would have been too easy lol but thats not it... I am so baffled

Wooden Camera

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC