Timothy David Orme
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Director
  • Boise, ID

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:39 AM

Hello All--

The cinematographer on my newest project is currently working on converting a Nizo 6080 from a Super8 to a Super-Duper/Max/Ultra 8. However, he's ran into a problem. When he pulled the gate off to have it widened, a few tiny (1mm by 3mm he says) springs flew out and onto the floor. Needless to say he can't find them anywhere, and the camera can't produce a steady image without them.

We really need to have this camera converted, tested, and prepared as soon as possible. Does anyone know where we could find these parts, or where I could send the camera to have someone install them and get it running again.

(By the way, the gate is cut and ready.)

Thanks for the help. I'm in a tight spot on this one.

--Tim

#2 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:10 AM

Hello All--

The cinematographer on my newest project is currently working on converting a Nizo 6080 from a Super8 to a Super-Duper/Max/Ultra 8. However, he's ran into a problem. When he pulled the gate off to have it widened, a few tiny (1mm by 3mm he says) springs flew out and onto the floor. Needless to say he can't find them anywhere, and the camera can't produce a steady image without them.

We really need to have this camera converted, tested, and prepared as soon as possible. Does anyone know where we could find these parts, or where I could send the camera to have someone install them and get it running again.

--Tim

I have the very camera you speak of and have to say I love the camera, about to have it converted to crystal sync. Give Duall Camera a call, they service Nizo and will probably have what you are looking for if not be able to steer you in the right direction.
http://www.duallcamera.com

#3 Rachel Oliver

Rachel Oliver
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • London, England

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:15 PM

I have the very camera you speak of and have to say I love the camera, about to have it converted to crystal sync. Give Duall Camera a call, they service Nizo and will probably have what you are looking for if not be able to steer you in the right direction.
http://www.duallcamera.com

Hi;

Chris, mind if I ask who and where your getting the sync work done on your 6080?
Cheers:

Olly

Hello All--

--Tim

Hi;

Spares......?
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

Olly

Edited by Rachel Oliver, 22 June 2006 - 12:10 PM.

#4 James Grahame

James Grahame
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Sound Department
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:05 PM

Hello All--

--Tim

I've got a couple of dead Nizos, each with two tiny springs behind the gate. Let me know if you want them.

#5 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:44 PM

Hi;

Chris, mind if I ask who and where your getting the sync work done on your 6080?
Cheers:

Olly
Hi;

Spares......?
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

Olly

Right now I am leaning toward Duall Camera, one of the only places that will do it.

chris

Wooden Camera

CineLab

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

Paralinx LLC